TaylorITEX proudly uses the newly restored Garfit’s House to provide training, office and conference facilities
Parking is available via Pulvertoft Lane taking the first right then turning right into the car park
Recently restored by Heritage Lincolnshire, 116 High Street was probably built c.1728 and is notable as the residence of Thomas Garfit JP, founder of Boston’s first bank ‘Garfit’s Bank’ in 1754. He made improvements to the house, including replacing the original Georgian staircase with a neo-Jacobean one which is still present today.
The building was subsequently used as a Lincoln Diocesan Home for Fallen Women, then much later in the 1950s and 60s as the offices of agricultural merchants J. Hobster & Co. Following their departure in the 1970s the building gradually fell into decay.
The restoration and conservation work was completed in 2012 retaining the building’s architectural and historic significance for the town. It has also now been converted into a modern office complex fit for the 21st-century.
Garfit’s House has a computer suite, classroom and office facilities fully equipped with access to wifi. It also has a private garden, kitchen and wheelchair access and facilities.