Improving Confidence Course
Improving self confidence is essential for success.
Self assurance and trust in one’s own abilities to achieve is one trait that successful people possess that those who are less accomplished lack.
Self-confidence is an attitude which allows individuals to have positive yet realistic views of themselves and their situations.
Self-confident people trust their own abilities, have a general sense of control in their lives, and believe that, within reason, they will be able to do what they wish, plan, and expect.
Having self-confidence does not mean that individuals will be able to do everything – self-confident people have expectations that are realistic. Even when some of their expectations are not met, they continue to be positive and to accept themselves. Confidence is something which can feel outside of our control but it can be improved, nourished and developed.
This six session, 30 hour, course is focused on understanding confidence and identifying how each of us can learn skills to improve our own confidence. On completion of this course you will be able to:
- State an example of a characteristic of a confident person
- Give an example of a situation where you have felt confident
- Give an example of a situation where you have not felt confident
- State why it is important to feel confident in a given situation
- Give examples of situations where communication skills are important
- State how good communication skills can improve own confidence
- Demonstrate listening skill in a conversation
- Identify an occasion when you have made an important decision
- Identify something that was considered when making the above decision
- State an emotion or feeling that was felt when making the decision
- State how this feeling might impact on own confidence
Completion of this course leads to an AIM Entry Level 3 Award worth 3 credits. All 6 sessions must be attended to achieve the qualification. The course is suitable for all levels of learners and appropriate needs can be taken into consideration for all learners. We will discuss this with you before you enrol to ensure you are on the most suitable course.
To discuss this course or your other training needs please call our Course Advisor on 01205 360800 or email email@example.com